Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Mornings....

My absolute favorite day of the week. Saturday mornings I wake up and the first thing I do is make a pot of coffee. Every other day of the week my first reach is for my breakfast, but on Saturdays, I coffee up. :) Something about relaxing with a cup of coffee, changing my routine for a minute, and the quiet house just brings me full circle. My AH-HA moments.

Yesterday I took my oldest, Taylor on her second visit to a college that has expressed interest in her.  We met with the academic adviser, had a meeting with the person in charge of Health Professions, and then she went off with a girl from the volleyball team and Madison and I went to the mall for a couple of hours. Met back at the College, and met up with the coach again. I have been pretty adamant about letting Taylor own this process and make the decisions as we visit schools.Yesterday, she accepted an offer to attend Parkland College with a full athletic scholarship. I had to use all my control not to tear up in that coaches office and embarrass her. Proud mommy moment. And not because of the scholarship, but because of the way she handled herself through the entire process. Smart kid. :)

Grocery store for me today. Two papers to write for school. Two lessons plans to prepare for my field work. But for now.....I am still savoring a wonderful yesterday and a quiet morning.
It bears repeating:

No comments:

Post a Comment